Recently, we’ve had several requests for our recipes. One of my sons has a number of allergies, which brings the opportunity to be creative with cooking and try new things. A favorite thing to make is vegan, yellow cake. Hands down, this recipe makes the best yellow cake I’ve ever had. If you like this recipe, let me know and I’ll send one for chocolate frosting 🙂
C’s Yellow Cake
A) 1.5 cups of Soy milk
1.5 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
B) 2 1/4 cups of flour
1.5 teaspoons of baking soda
1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
1.5 cups of sugar
3/4 teaspoon of salt
C) 1/2 cup of olive oil
3 oz of water
1.5 tablespoons of lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix together A and set aside.
3. Mix together B and set aside.
4. Mix together C and set aside.
5. Mix together A and B with an electric mixer then slowly add in C gently.
6. Grease a 13×9 cake pan and poor the mix in.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Check with a cake tester and add time as needed.